Bird Family Tree
I have made some updates to the family tree website including the following new features:
- Navigation menu at the top of the page
- Map view
- Search for people from the home page
- Limit the number of generations viewed
- Click on photo to view and edit person
- Add new people
If you want to add new people, click the "Add Person" button then click on the appropriate button depending on how the new person is related to the current person. Only people that are related to an existing person can be added.
The map view only works if a person's address has been entered. I have not entered everyone's addresses. Also, I've had problems getting the map to work with Internet Explorer. Hopefully I'll be able to fix that.
I have started adding more extended family members but haven't made much progress. If anyone else would like to do that, please feel free to add all the people you want.
I made a lot of changes, so let me know if you have any problems.
Cool! Thanks for doing that Uncle Alan. That is so awesome!
I tried it out and it's really easy to upload a photo. Do you think it needs to be password protected so that random people can't look up our b-days and/or post random or bad pictures just for fun? People are crazy and do stuff like that. I was just wondering. :)
I was planning on requiring a password to make changes. I thought I would leave it open for a while so people can easily make changes. You do have a point about the birthdays. I will change it so it doesn't display birthdays.
I updated it so the current values for birthday, email, and address are not displayed. Thanks for bringing that up, Jennifer.