Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Our Christmas Letter


It's Christmas time! What a wonderful time. This year I did not want to spend a lot of money on cards, envelopes and stamps, so I decided to write and post our Christmas letter here. With the explosion of social media sites like Facebook and our Blog, I know some of you already know what happened to us this past year, but I am going so sum it up anyways.
January: The diamond fell out of my wedding ring. I was SO sad! But Randy came to the rescue and found it. It took 5 weeks to get it fixed. We made a trip to Washington for Grandma Birds SURPRISE birthday party. She was excited to see all of us. I cut my hair short and I started to learn how to take pictures. I got to meet up with Jenni Price who is a very talented photographer in the Portland area.
February: Wyatt turned 10 months and started to WALK! He also went swimming for the first time. Started to eat normal food and do a bunch of fun things. We also woke up to snow on the 28th.
March: On the 3rd, Wyatt and I drove up to Washington. We stayed for a day and then got back in the car with my parents and drive to Salt Lake City, Utah for my cousin Cassandra's wedding. While we were there we saw lots of family including my sister-in-law Jamie and her husband Merrill. We went to Cabalas and a lot of other places. It was fun to be back in Utah, but I was glad to get home. Then the end of the month Jamie came to visit and we threw a baby shower for her.
April: Wyatt turned 1! He got spoiled by everyone (thanks again everyone who came and for the gifts). During the whole winter/rainy season, Randy and his brothers helped build an indoor mountain bike park at the Fairgrounds. They had an open house in April and the newspaper was there. At the open house they did a best trick competition and Kevin (Randy's brother) got 1st and Randy got 3rd. Way to go guys! They also go to ride with some Pro's at Blackrock.
May: It started to get warm so we played a lot outside. We went to the park, played at Grandma and Grandpa Birds house, Wyatt finally got to ride his run bike that he got for his birthday. We went swimming a few times and even went up to Shelberg to see Randy and his brothers ride mountain bikes. Oh and we also went to the beach. It was cold so we didn't stay long, but ended our trip to the coast by eating at Mo's. That's where we discovered that Wyatt likes tarter sauce.
June: Took Wyatt to the carousal with some of my friends and their kids. Went swimming some more. Took Brandon and Kristy up to Shelberg and went for a hike. Took family pictures. Welcomed baby Darci, our niece, to the world. We just love that little girl! Went to Washington for my brother Preston's graduation. Wyatt and I stayed for a week and I took lots of pictures. This was also the month that my Photography business took off. You can check out my work here. Came back to Oregon with my parents and my dad and I painted our house. And took another trip to the coast with Brandon and Kristy.
July: Went to the PBR in Saint Paul. Saw a bunch of the big guys ride. Had a family bbq and fireworks at Grandma and Grandpa Birds for the 4th. Took a few really cool pictures of sparklers. Randy, his brothers and some friends went to Whistler BC, Canada and rode bikes all week. While he was gone, Wyatt and I drove to Washington and took my cousin Rhen's engagement pictures. I also went wakeboarding for the first time in about 3 years.
August: Celebrated 4 years of marriage. My brother Preston, his friend Miles and my cousin Taylor came to visit and we headed over to Sand Lake for Bronco fest. Finally got to take the bronco out and see what it can do. And of course ended another trip to the coast at Mo's. I love that place. This was also the month that Wyatt became really interested in the bronco and trucks.
September: Fair time. Went to the Oregon State Fair. Randy and his brothers helped build the bike park for the fair again this year. We went to Washington again for my cousin Rhen and Randy's cousin Shadd's wedding. Yes my cousin married Randy's cousin. It's that cool? Jamie and Darci also came along. Stayed for a week and went to the Adam's County Fair and rodeo. Randy rode a horse in the parade with my dad. I would of joined too, but I was about 2 and a half months pregnant. Randy also got to be a part of the action in the Rodeo again this year. This time in the arena. Randy, my brother Preston and my brother-in-law Isaac did the Wild Cow Ride again this year. They were the Defending Champs, but did not win this year. My dad and I also go to show pigs in the Adult fit-n-show competition. Everyone got first place. And I turned 25.
October: Wyatt announced that he is going to be a BIG BROTHER! Yup that's right. If you did not know, we are having another boy in April. Went to the pumpkin patch and took more family pictures. Wyatt learned how to "pop a wheelie" on his run bike. And I started to potty train Wyatt. We are still working on that. On the 30th, Wyatt had his first sleep over with Gavin. The next day was Halloween so we all went over to our ward's Trunk-or-Treat. Kristy and I won the best decorated trunk and got a prize.
November: Randy and his brothers again helped build the indoor mountain bike park at the fairgrounds. Randy turned 29 and a week after that, he got into a little accident. Nothing big. He crashed on his bike and ended up with a concussion and 3 broken bones in his face. You couldn't even tell that this happened to him. Read more about it here. Merrill and Jamie also came for Thanksgiving.
Now we are in December. So far this month we have taken it easy. Randy is staying off his bike for a few months. We discovered that Wyatt LOVES salsa. He wants salsa on everything! But he calls everything salsa, even ketchup and ranch. He is beginning to become quite the social butterfly. He says "HI" to EVERYONE and whenever anyone leaves the room or puts their shoes on, he says "bye bye. See ya!" He is the one who reminds us to say the prayer. Whenever we sit down at the table to eat anything, he folds his arms and looks at us until we say the prayer. So cute!
We surely have been blest this past year and hope you all had a fun event full year just like we did. We all look forward to hearing about it too. We are very thankful for our family and friends and mostly our Savior who's birth we celebrate this coming Christmas. We all wish you a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Love: Randy, Capri and Wyatt