Highlights of a college freshman
I guess you could call me pretentious for imagining you want to see the great works of art I've made using my camera at recent activities. You'll notice that I'm particularly inept at taking pictures of myself. Heck, you know what I look like. Why would you want to see more?
This first one is a picture (notice, I'M NOT IN IT) from a recent ward activity, the "Superhero Dance". These two guys live on my floor and had an ingenius idea for costumes. I went in my old and out-dated Boromir costume. No one had any idea who I was. Alas, it was fun.
This next one comes thanks to Brett. One cold and lonely Saturday, the brilliant technicians in charge of utilities here at Budge Hall decided that the residents could do without some water. Imagine our surprise when we wake up one morning unable to use our sinks, the bathrooms, and most importantly, the showers. To show our appreciation to the heads upstairs, Brett made this sign and placed it over the drinking fountain. If you can't read the tombstone, it says "RIP, H2O; 2nd Day of Creation - 2007; 'We took ye for granted'". It was a tough day, but we suffered minimal casualties.
Last night, BYU played UC Irvine (who were ranked #1 in the nation) at the Smith Fieldhouse. I got to the game an hour before it started and managed to wait in line for only half an hour before I even entered the building. I got decent seats and took a couple of pictures. This one is of Russel Holmes about to make a kill against Irvine. We ended up winning 3-0 that night.
Oh... well... I guess I'm in this one. I'm better at taking pictures of myself than I thought. (P.S. the guy with blonde hair behind my is my home-teaching companion).
This is one of my favorite pictures. I don't know that guys name, but he's an unbelievable volleyball player. He, Ivan Perez, and Russel Holmes account for about 90% of the 'oohs' and 'aahs' from the crowd. Tonight, Irvine faced off against BYU again. I was unable to attend due to severe tiredness, but a source at the game tells me that BYU lost in five, which is unfortunate.Peace out.
It's great to see those pictures and the commentary is incredible, as usual! Is it an optical illusion or is that guys belly button even with the top of the net? It must be a back row attack because the block hasn't gone up yet. Your photographic skills are improving, maybe Brother Corbell rubbed off on you.
Love,
Mom
peace out????